Monday, August 11, 2008

Time for Travel

I have now officially started the month of travel! It started at the end of July with a wonderful trip to Puerto Vallarta with my mom. It was a wonderful week spent reading and relaxing. Mom and I both needed time away and for us, Puerto Vallarta is paradise. We generally spent the mornings on the beach, then the late afternoons in the pool. We ate at our favorite places and never felt rushed around. I was able to read 3 books: Something Borrowed, The Red Tent, and Consent to Kill. I highly recommend all of them! At the resort, there is a little zoo with pumas, tigers, parrots, and monkeys. The puma's just had a little cub. He was so cute. We caught him one day stalking his momma's tail.

Now Rich and I are in Estes Park for a week. We'll do some hiking, reading, and some planning for the future. We're hoping to figure out where we want to get married and then set a date!! YAY! We're staying at the Worldmark up here, and we have both found it leaves something to be desired. Our "unit" is incredibly small and the "kitchen" is almost non-existent. It'll work and we'll still be cooking in the unit instead of always eating out.

We'll be off to San Diego next week for my cousin's wedding. So excited for them. I'm sure I'll blog more about the trip later with the fam. After that I have a week to move and get things set up at my mom's house before starting work. Wow, what a month. I think I need a nap and a glass of wine now.

No comments: