Thursday, October 23, 2008

First Snow of the Season!

This week is a big week for me. I'm at my first client in Cripple Creek, Colorado and I saw my first snow of the season.

The first snow of the season is always a happy day for me, mainly because I know that Richard will stay up all night waiting for the snow to start. Since he's still in Boulder this week, and they didn't get any snow I know that he wasn't up all night waiting. When I awoke Wednesday morning though, I knew that Rich would have been so excited to see the snow out my hotel window and even though it's freezing cold, it still makes me happy. Rich is like a little kid in a candy store with the first snow and really any other big weather event - he gets so excited that the excitement spills over and fills me up too :) To my weather loving, fiance - I took this one in for you and knew you'd love to be up here with me.

Today our team is awaiting our client bringing in a 500lbs pumpkin! We can't wait to see it - even though we're not auditing it. It's just a little something different to add to the week here. Last night while at dinner at Rooster's, a very nice steakhouse for the little town, we met the mayor of the town. Quite a nice man but he could tell immediately that we were not from around here - dressed nice, no winter boots, and well we just kinda stick out like a sore thumb compared to the locals.

No comments: