Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Hard Start ot 2009

2009 thus far has not been filled the joy that we hoped. Last night, while ringing in the new year with friends, one noticed her boyfriend was not around and his car was gone. When we finally reached him on his phone, he told us he thought he had totaled his car. My friend ran to find him and luckily met up with him at the end of the block... the bad news - his face was bleeding rather heavily and we knew. The saga that followed was not fun, but to sum up, his car was in a ditch, Rich and I took a ride in the back of a police cruiser but it was only to help the officer as we were not in trouble... never the less, a new experience for both of us, and friend's boyfriend was in the ER with the local police looking for him. Thank fully Mom, was kinda enough to come pick Rich and I up since the risk of driving home all after that and 2 drinks wasn't worth it.

I didn't think that we could top that, but later today, we found out that one of Rich's friends from high school killed himself on Christmas. I never met him, but it saddens me. From the little I know, he had just lost his job and with his past, hope of a new job was non-existent. He also had a baby this year with his girlfriend.... and they broke up within the last months. I feel bad for his family and all his friends. Another friend of Rich's from high school is taking this hard. I can only hope that comfort is found for all.

So to all who may read this, I hope your new year is better than our has started. Here's to 2009... well a happy and prosperous 2009. Make sure to eat your black-eyed-peas since they are supposed to bring luck.

No comments: