Friday, May 8, 2009

5 Weeks and Counting

Yesterday marked 5 weeks to the wedding. Both very exciting... but also kinda stressful. I made the mistake of looking at my checklist of things to do and got REALLY stressed out. It's just all those little things that add up. So please help me - if you haven't sent back your RSVP - please do... we won't be offended if you can't make it - we just need to know, so don't let that be the reason to net sent it. And if you can make it - by all means let us know so that we can fully prepare to celebrate with you .... If you didn't pick up the gist - just send them back sooner rather than later.

On that note, it has been interesting to see people's response cards. For people who have recently planned or are currently planning, they put the names of everyone who will be attending. Then there are people like Richard - who just put there own name then say 3 people are coming. While that's fine and all - but that person will be receiving a phone call "so its you and who are you bringing - can you please spell that for us." Because the last thing that you want is to spell someone's name wrong. It happened to me at a wedding once - Sarah - not Sara, was put on the card. It kinda made me sad. So as I'm picky about my name, I don't want to mess others up. Okay - I'll step off the soap box (for now).

A new stress for me - the rehearsal dinner. Even before Richard's mom passed away, we had always planned on doing/planning the rehearsal dinner ourselves. She lived in Oregon thus making it hard to plan and his Dad really didn't seem interested. Richard has really handled the details of this - but it dawned on me today that we should create a guest list. We knew we wanted just immediate family and bridal party - but that leaves a lot to question: Step-parents, girlfriends/boyfriends, husbands/wives, children, dates .... wow that is a lot to ponder. Holy cow - I think I'm gonna need some wine.

So with 5 weeks out - I have my 2nd/final dress fitting tomorrow, trying to break in my shoes (thats a whole other post), and then do the little things.

Oh yeah -Happy Mother's Weekend to all the moms! In my family we don't just celebrate days - we make weeks or weekends out of events. I guess you could just say that we love our family. So I leave you with my Mom, Nana, and sister. All amazing women!

No comments: