Thursday, August 6, 2009

Oppsites Really do Attract

Point in case: He LOVES thunder storms and I strongly dislike them... thunder scares me. It always has and always will.... especially when I'm home alone at night! I sometimes wonder how I married a man who absolutely loves thunderstorms and lightning and rain and hail and tornadoes!

But really I look at us and I true think opposites attract each other - without even knowing it. Subconsciously, they are what we're not as thus make a good partner in life.

Some of our opposites:
-He's tall (6'4") - I'm short (5'4")
-He's got dark brown hair - I'm a blond
-He's from the city - I'm from the suburbs
-He loves science - me accounting (okay we could argue both are math related)
-He's a dog person - I'm a cat person, but we'll get a dog one day
-He runs OUTSIDE during a thunderstorm - me, well I'd be under-the-bed if I wouldn't get made fun of for the rest of my life
-I'm uber organized and clean, he's not quite as much (but I'm like OCD)

and my current favorite: Sometimes I want/need change - Rich hates all change

When we moved in -
Rich - "Are you sure this is where you want the couches?"
Me - "yes!"

And last week:
"So I think I want to move the couches around..."

Yep, that's me. I like to re-arrange furniture every now and then. Especially when I move into a new place. You have to feel it out to see if it "feels right." So, right now, it doesn't feel right.

We haven't yet moved the couches :)

No comments: