We've almost finished all the shopping and wrapping and are looking forward to the days ahead spent with Family. I think we've finally got the schedule nailed down and it doesn't look too horrific!
Christmas Eve Day:
- Good family friends - Richard is really just another one of their kiddos!
- StepDad-in-laws' sisters' party! - should be a good time with good peps
- Home - just us to start. We are newlyweds! and want to relax a little. I'm thinking a nice breakfast together and then presents... of course the cats will want to play
- Grandma D's - Richard's mom's side of the fam
- Philip & Teresita's house - Richard's dad's side of the fam and other good fam friends
- My Nana & Boo's house - My Mom's side of things
Day After Christmas:
- Hockey game with Dad and Jen to celebrate with them!
This year we bought an artificial tree - 9 feet tall, LARGE diameter, and multi-colored lights! I love(d) it. But didn't realize how big the base was until after we put it up (oops - sorry honey). We loved it for the first 5 minutes - until the first strand of lights went out, unlighting the entire tree -- my BRAND NEW tree. So we went with it. It was only at the bottom and if I just bipassed that strand, the tree would light. Then a second strand went out - right in the mid-section of the tree. Sad day.
So after Christmas (since I want it up for Christmas), we'll be returning the tree, getting a full refund and then trying again. Perhaps there will be some good clearance trees?? If not, there is always next year!
What are your plans?