Monday, October 31, 2011

Update - Week 26.5

How did I miss week 25 and almost 26! Yikes!! Not that excuses are okay, but we've been going through quarter close at work, so I've been working a bit longer than normal.

How far along? 26 week, 4 days

Size of the baby? Baby weighs about 1 2/3 pounds and is approx 14 inches long. From my weekly email:
"Baby may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. Baby's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when Baby's born and takes that first gulp of air. And Baby is continuing to put on baby fat."

Maternity Clothes? Yep - though I'm still rocking some non-maternity shirts

Gender? Surprise!

Movement? YES!! Richard felt Baby move for the first time last night. He had really been wanting to feel Baby and hadn't been able to for the last 3 weeks. So we were going to bed and I thought I felt a little kick so I grabbed Richard's hand and put it on my belly and we just relaxed for a few minutes and Baby started kicking!! They were the biggest kicks I've felt yet. So glad that Richard was able to feel our baby.

Sleep? I've always loved to sleep and that hasn't changed.

Cravings? Not really.

Symptoms? Acid reflux :(

Exercise? I'm still getting twice a week in - I need to work on taking walks in the evening when it's nice outside

Weight Gain? ... I think about 15 lbs (according to my scale at home). We go back to the docs in 2 weeks so we'll find out then.

Best Moment of the Week? Richard getting to feel Baby kick!

No comments: