Thursday, July 10, 2008

Final Days...

So not only did we get engaged this week (!) but it is also my last week as a student assistant. I've been working here for 3 years and it seems odd to close this chapter. It has been a GREAT student job: pick my hours, study when needed, and no weekends or evenings. Really it couldn't have been better. I met Richard here and have been able to see him almost everyday during the day since his office is about 50ft down the hall from my cube.

I've been looking forward to this day for some time now. I think I was really ready to be done here last summer after my boss left. I was left training both her replacements and then worked on an interesting project where I learned some linux and other useful skills to put in my toolbox. I had some projects to wrap up and did so last week, so now I'm just cleaning things up - my computer, desk, files...etc.

I will miss my friends here and really will miss lunches with the boys and randomly poking my head in Richard's office just to say hi. But this marks my step into the "real adult world." I'm done with school and am ready to begin my career. Before I do so however, I'm taking 7 weeks to myself of which I have to following plans: STUDY (2 more CPA's this month), pack and move back to mom's house for a year or so, travel to many places, relax, read a FUN book since I haven't had to opportunity in a while ... any suggestions? I loved the Vince Flynn series... anti-terrorism, CIA , could never really happen but an interesting story none-the less.

No comments: