Saturday, September 27, 2008

Intro and Planning

I've meant to post things here since Sara created the site, which I thought was an awesome idea. I decided today to do just that. I couldn't be more excited to begin a family with Sara. I'm excited to join her family and hope she's excited to join mine (more friends than blood, really). The place we're having the marriage ceremony is beautiful. Tux styles and colors were chosen, leading to the primary color being burgundy, which as Sara said looks really good with us. I thought I would wear more of it, but I guess that's not the way these things work...

We want to get registered for stuff and decided to start by taking pictures of things so we can look at them at our leisure and plan our future place out now. We started with the bedroom. Yikes! We have very different thoughts on what a bedroom should contain, let alone the style and look of it. Good thing we decided to talk about these things before registering. I'm glad Sara wants my opinion and isn't just choosing everything for us, even though I giver her a hard time while we're looking.

So we have a few ideas in mind for room themes and am working on negotiating what's in and what's out of our future bedroom. We looked through some kitchen things while we were out. That was much nicer - we have similar opinions on styles. We both prefer classic looks to dishes and silverware, things that will still look nice in 10, 20 and 30 years. Maybe a cafe theme for the kitchen? There's so much to look through and decide! It's all very overwhelming...

The week continued to be busy as we did some looking for wedding bands. I settled on a nice piece. Our preference for a classy/elegant look is in direct contrast to jeweler's attempts to put as much stuff into one ring as possible, be it the engagement ring or the wedding ring. So finding something for Sara proved to be a little tougher. We left with some ideas, but no ring yet for her.
The next night, we went to a presentation from a crystal/china company. It turned out better than I thought it would. We decided on some very nice cookware, knives, a casual china dining set, a couple of crystal glasses and some very nice toasting glasses! We'll start out good, that's for sure.

Amazingly, not every retailer has a good selection of bedding options, as we found out this morning. Too girly, thank you very much. It looks like we'll take a closer look at options from Location #1 before making a decision.

There's tons of choices to make still. One at a time...

No comments: