Saturday, September 13, 2008

Job Update

So I've just spent the last 3 weeks training with MP. Last week I was in St Charles, IL and was learning how to audit cash and accounts payable. A training that could probably have been done in 3 days rather than 5. They are working on re-vamping the training process, but in the end, I am a firm believer that you're not going to learn how to use a piece of software unless you are actively using it in the real world. It is there, that I'll start to learn what is overall happening and the short cuts. In a training room with 40 other people, you can only learn so much.

This week was my first full week in Denver! I LOVE taking the bus. I don't have to worry about parking, driving, road rage, or any of that other stuff. I just show up, get on, then either read or nap :)

We did more training but more applicable to the Denver office and more geared to what I would really need to know. Instead of having a partner who rarely actively uses the software teach us, we have a person a level above us do it and she knows her shit about the stuff. Everything was useful and practical.

All to say I'm having FUN!

No comments: