Thursday, February 2, 2012

DUE DATE - 40 Weeks

How far along? 40 Weeks and still pregnant. We go to the doctor in the morning and he'll check to see if I'm dilated and if there is any progress yet. He may do a small procedure: stripping the membranes (google it) to help start labor and we'll set a date for me to be induced - probably no later than next Thursday!

Size of the baby? Baby weighs 7.5lbs and is approx 20 inches long - about the size of a mini watermelon

Maternity Clothes? Oh yes! There are still a few non-maternity stuff that I can wear, but that's getting pretty limited

Gender? Surprise!

Movement? All the time- I love watching my belly move with the Baby

Labor Signs? I'm in pre-labor.. meaning I'm having contractions but nothing constant or would make me think that I need to start timing them. The hospital bags are packed, my Dad is in town, and we are ready any day now!

To add to the symptoms from last time: my feet are super swollen. I only have 2 pairs of shoes that I can wear to work and neither fit great. They leave my feet with marks where the water has been pushed elsewhere. My weight is fluctuating anywhere from 3.5 - 5 lbs from the beginning of the day to the end (yikes!). I'm starting to feel some contractions, but they are not strong nor are they consistent.

Sleep? I toss and turn a lot now and waking at least once a night to pee. I miss sleep and can't wait to sleep on my stomach again

Cravings? Not really - my sweet tooth continues.

Symptoms? See above for more ... Baby has dropped some and my acid reflux was doing much better but it has returned

Exercise? Haven't been able to get that in

Weight Gain? More than I care to admit - 33 - 35 lbs.

Best Moment of the Week? Nana and Mom made us some amazing yummy frozen food for after Baby arrives. I'm so thankful that they did this for us. Nana made Beef Stroganoff, Cranberry Chicken, and pasta sauce with meatballs and sausage!! Mom made Chili, and Chicken Enchiladas. I love that our family is helping to keep us fed.

My Dad and Richard put together the bookshelves I got for Christmas and they look great. So thankful they were able to do that before Baby arrives. Now I can start to organize the shelves and make our front room look more put together.

No comments: