Thursday, August 11, 2011

A Little Catch-up and Announcement

Hey All!

It's been a while... so let's do a little re-cap of the last year, shall we? Bullet format of course because I like that:

- We met G's new boyfriend (we'll call him K) and loved him. He came to our annual CU vs CSU football BBQ and fit right in. Richard realized just how much he missed having another male in the family when we were all hanging out. He loves my Dad, but we rarely see him.

- Our best man's wedding in northern New York. Right on the lake. Beautiful... a little chilly, and a little early to see the fall leaves of the east coast (bucket list item for both of us).

- We flew to Chicago to celebrate my Dad's marriage to J! We love J and I especially love how happy she makes my dad. They fit well together. Only problem is her job is in the Chicago area - so we don't see them as often as I'd like. They do come out a few times a year and I love that :) While out there I think we became the CRAZY Colorado family (think car bombs, my Dad's first, and other shots)

- Thanksgiving in Mexico!

- Christmas at home with family. We've kept our Christmas Day visiting to 3 locations and think we're finally figuring out how to manage all our family and adopted families. I say adopted b/c Richard has many families from his childhood who are like sudo-parents and we continue to be close with.

- January - May = Busy season. I don't remember too much (haha!) but did decide that I could not do another one. I miss my life/friends/family too much.

- Mid February, K tells me that he has a travel request for Richard and I. I also need to help distract G so K and my mom can go shopping together.. thinking bling yet?? They got engaged!!

- Crazy auntie week! My mom's sisters are amazing women with vibrant personalities. When you get them all together it's craziness that we LOVE, so whenever they come to visit, we dub the week - Crazy Auntie Week. Lots of cards are played, laughter laughed, life lived, and a few bottles of Crown Royal are drank.

- Job changes - both of us and both ultimately good, but we're still waiting to see some of the good.

- And last of all...... We're Pregnant! Baby B is due to arrive 2/2/2012.

No comments: