Friday, September 9, 2011

19 Week & Doctor Update

I'm gonna start off by saying that we love our Doc! So glad I asked a friend for a recommendation. He's great to work with and always in a good mood. He is genuinely happy to see us when we come in.

How far along? 19 Weeks, 2 days

Size of the baby? Baby weighs about 7.5 oz and is 16 cm (~6 inches) long. Baby is definitely taking after his/her Daddy ... long and skinny! Baby's femur is measuring a little bigger than 20 weeks while head and belly are measuring at 18 weeks, 6 days... so the average is right where I'm at.

Maternity Clothes? Good shopping trip with my momma & sista last weekend to the outlets and got some good maternity clothing. I'm still wearing non-maternity shirts since the style works well with pregnancy and pants that were big before are TIGHT. I'm still wearing them, but you'll find with them un-buttoned a lot if I don't have a bella-band on.

Gender? We'll let you know in February! Based on the reliable old wives tale our doc told us today, since the heart-rate is 153 it's a girl. According to the wives tale, over 140bpm = girl, under 140bpm = boy. See how scientific is that? HA! I'll wait and see.

Movement? I'm not feeling too much, though based on very mild cramping I guessed the baby was more on my right side. From the ultrasound today, baby is more on my right side and is SUPER active. Richard tells me that in a few weeks I'll be wishing that I wasn't feeling the baby as much.

Sleep? still awesome!

Cravings? Not really.

Symptoms? Acid reflux :( and some forgetfulness.

Exercise? I'm doing Zumba twice a week and trying to walk as well.

Weight Gain? We're a little split on where I started. My scale at home shows 2 lbs lighter than the docs, so total weight gain is 6-8lbs. 4 lbs since my 13 week visit! I didn't gain anything from 9-13 weeks, so I was happy to see 4 lbs today!

Best Moment of the Week? Seeing Baby on the ultrasound and hearing Baby's heartbeat for the first time. I'll admit I was a bit giddy this morning before the appointment to see the baby. I'm truly amazed at how much the baby is growing and I love seeing the growth from appointment to appointment.

I'll have to take one later and add it. I forgot to last night and the cats were having an all out WWE match this morning so I got distracted. It was the funniest thing, I went downstairs to break it up since Richard was sleeping and Nahla was screaming and Khan's fur was literally flying everywhere. It looked like something out of a comic.

No comments: