Thursday, July 24, 2008

And the Studying Continues...


So this week, I have been living in my Becker CPA review book for the Business section. Sorry I could only find a pic of the auditing book. Same thing though, just a red cover... Oh and for the non-accountants out there: CPA = Certified Public Accountant.

I can say that I cannot wait to be done taking the CPA exam. I'm almost entirely burnt out on studying and memorizing the material. The only thing keeping me going is that if I pass this next exam, I should be done with the exam portion of my CPA requirements.

I often wonder how those who are working and studying to take the exam do it. I can't imagine working 8 hours a day doing accounting then finding the energy to study. Given - I did work earlier this summer and found it hard to study. I was in an office where I could study some at work and the work wasn't all that challenging for me, so I still had some brain power left at the end of the day.

Good news though: I have for sure passed 2 of the 4 tests. I took one on the 14th of July and will take one next week. Assuming I pass, I'm done after next week (HOORAY!!) I've heard rumors that the grading time will increase so I hope to find out about the scores by Oct.

On the family front: my sister, Grace, and her boyfriend just got back from Mexico on Tuesday then were both in the ER last night from either Ecoli or Salmonilla... so G is home today sleeping and I'm playing the caretaker role of fetching prescriptions, turning on movies, and occasionally getting water for her. Not sure where they got it from in Mexico cuz we've never had an issue in the last 13 years or so of going down there...

Back to the great red book now.

No comments: