Tuesday, July 8, 2008

FAQ's

Why start a blog?
I have been threatening to do so for a while now and this seems like a great way to start. Hopefully family and friends will be able to keep up on what's going on in our lives and with the wedding planning.

Who are you?
I just got my master's in accounting. I'm working on passing the CPA exam before starting my career as an auditor (I know, a scary word). I've already passed 2 of the 4 parts surprisingly and take the next 2 this month.
Richard does scientific research and LOVES his job. He is always pointing out cool weather things and is trying to teach me a little something about the thing he loves. His passion for life amazes me.

Where did you meet?
At work! I've spent the past 3 years working as a student assistant right down the hall from Richard. We met my first day there. My supervisor, Kim, was showing my the files where we kept all the information I would need and Richard was walking into work with his tray full of breakfast: eggs, bacon, and hash browns. I was immediately attracted to him and he says that I "was the hottest thing to hit the division" or something like that.

When did you meet?
March 2005

How long have you been dating?
Since June 2005

How did Richard propose?
Perfectly! When we first started dating we would take walks in the afternoon at work. It was on these walks that we really got to know each other and he would always point out cool spiderwebs or other nature points of interest that he wanted to make sure I saw. Over the years we've continued to take these walks in the afternoons when its nice outside. So on July 7, Rich came by my office to take our afternoon walk. It was a little later than usual, but I'm always up for spending quality time with him. So we walked over to the park and sat under the gazebo for a while. He was being extra tender and sweet which wasn't all that out of sorts since he does that some days. Well it was starting to rain, so we decided to start walking back to the office. So we're walking back and he stops and bends over and says "hey Sara look at this" as he typically does when pointing out a spiderweb. I'm thinking okay its raining, we're getting wet, and I have no idea what your pointing out, so I say "what am I looking at?" A typical response from me when I'm not sure what I'm supposed to see. So Rich is down on one knee "pointing out" this cool thing and then all of a sudden he turns back and flips this gorgeous ring around and says "here" to get me to look at this "cool thing." I started freaking out.... he'll have to fill in the details, but breathing in shock, crying, smiling, etc.... Rich has this great speech prepared and of course I'm freaking out too much to really remember it all, but I got good parts and of course said YES!

When is the big day?
No idea yet.... we haven't talked those details but we're thinking Summer 2009-ish

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's been an incredible 3 years. I hope there are lots more to come. :)

hotdrwife said...

Seriously, you are both adorable. I am so happy for you!