Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Weekend of Fun...

So this weekend, we made our down to Larkspur, CO for the Renaissance Festival. We chose a great weekend to go as it was only in the upper 70's and low 80's and found some great buys. We also found out some good friends of mine also just got engaged!! Congrats to Malea & Clark.

To start the day, Rich and I drove the 1hr-ish drive together and got to spend some time together just the 2 of us. We were able to talk about life and start discussing wedding details. Even though we have agreed that I'll plan the wedding and he gets the honeymoon, I still want his input on things as it is his wedding as well.

We found this great little stand: Garlic Festival, where they sell amazing spices made with... GARLIC. We highly recommend the jalapeƱo pickled garlic. Then made our way over to the steak on a stake place for lunch :) Yummy!! I also enjoyed cheesecake on a stick dipped in chocolate for lunch. While it was yummy, I don't recommend eating it in the heat of the day.

We did more than eat too.... Rich found a ring that he has been looking for to go on his middle finger. Somehow the cats have managed to steal his old ring and a replacement was needed. Rich also found a black cape. Another item which has been on his to get list for a while.

Sunday was spent studying for my exam on Monday. I don't feel confident that I passed, but I don't think I bombed it either... I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Anyway, now we're off to Austin TX for Netroot's Nation over the weekend.

No comments: