Sunday, July 20, 2008

Heading Back to Colorado

While we've been in Austin, Matt and my Mom split kitty watching duty. THANK YOU!! It was such a huge help to us.. and I know the kitties appreciate being fed daily.

This morning they wrapped up the conference and I packed up and prepared to head back home to Colorado. While Austin was fun to visit, I'm ready to be back home. I think next time I travel to this part of the country, I will be doing so November.

Yesterday I managed to leave the AC of the hotel and explore a little (pics to come). I headed over 3 or 4 blocks to a little Mexican restaurant that was highly recommended by locals for lunch. I sat down and asked for a coke. nope no coke served there, but they do have Blue Sky soda. So I had that but I think a coke would have tasted better. I had the enchiladas rojas - chicken. Good food. A great lunch if you're in a hurry as the food came out very quickly. After lunch I strolled another few blocks away from the hotel and walked back another the river front. They call it a lake here, but really it's a river. The previous night, Rich and I walked down to the river front by Congress St. Bridge to see the bats. At dusk these bats who live in the bridge by day come out to hunt. Amazing! We must have seen 150,000 bats, and they don't just all come out from the bridge at once. They flow out in a line at the banks of the river and fly just above the trees. Then eventually they spread out to eat. I'm so glad we took the time to do that.

Dinner last night: Fogo de Chao. Much like Rodezio in Denver and as we called it: Meat on sticks! Amazing dinner, but also a little more expensive then expected. But well worth it. It was Richard's and mine celebration together since we haven't really done that since our engagement, along with 5 others joining us. Fillet mignon wrapped in bacon would be the favorite. YUM!

Okay time to socialize with the other bloggers around.

No comments: